Mommy Martyr - I - Am

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kids = Sign away privacy

This is kind of embarrassing for me to write about...but... it's my life !!

I would have never imagined 5 years ago that I would be sitting in the bathroom with barely enough room for my feet. As if my bathroom wasn't small enough, I needed to furnish it with a bathroom scale, a toddler's potty, a baby's bathtub, a chair (because step stools are not high enough to reach the sink and it's the only place available to sit when my toddler accompanies me), and a baby bouncer !



Don't I deserve some potty privacy and space too like my -- ahem! not naming any names, but you know who you are...I can hear you snoring :)


Sometimes I wonder what I've gotten myself into being a stay-at-home mom. Really?

Am I a stay-at-home mom ........or......... a stay-at-home cook? ........or......... a stay-at-home maid? ........or......... a stay-at-home teacher? ........or......... a stay-at-home keeper-of-all-things? (applies to my dear husband as well) ........or......... (I could go on forever).

I guess i'm all of that, but I don't remember signing on any dotted line that said "you are now signing away every bit of your privacy" (I could have used that annoying "are you sure you want to sign this ?" pop up).

When did going to the bathroom become a tossup game? And when did a meal meant whatever you can get your hands on (and I mean, WHATEVER ! Time for a confession: I have lied to my son about his mac 'n cheese that magically disappeared)

How could taking a shower be the highlight of your day? When you are a stay-at-home mom, you look forward to that 5 mins of serenity. Eating meals on time is not always a possibility but when you do get it...AND you can eat it in peace, even the broccoli's taste so delicious !

But, funny as it sounds, I don't want to trade my life for anything else... weird, right? I know ! When I see the smiles on my cuties or see their accomplishments (yes, peeing INSIDE the potty is a GREAT accomplishment !), I feel so privileged that I can experience all of their 'firsts' and all of the other priceless moments.


My rugrats are WAY too cute and adorable...BUT.... { yes, there is always that at the end of my sentences...} :)

No comments: